TATA INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH
Ranga Reddy Dist. Hyderabad – 500 107
Advertisement No. 2018/2
Applications are invited for the Project Scientific Officer post tenable at Hyderabad.
Name of the Post:
|Project Scientific Officer (D)|
|One Post -Temporary for one year and may be renewed each year upto a total period of three years depending upon performance and requirement.|
|Pay Band + Grade Pay (Rs):||Rs.84500 /- Consolidated|
|Essential Qualifications||Ph.D degree in biological sciences.
- Minimum Two years’ of post-qualification practical experience in multi parameter flow
cytometry and cell sorting.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and familiarity with routine FACS and imaging data
- Excellent communication, writing, planning and organizational skills.
Desirable Experience :
- Prior experience of managing a multi-user FACS and imaging facility.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on the equipment with minimal help from company engineers.
Job Responsibilities :
- Manage the daily set up and calibration of all the FACS machines and microscopes.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on specific equipment, as needed.
- Impart training to new users.
- Implement hardware and software upgrades.
- Liaison with field engineers and technical support staff to achieve optimum performance and arrange periodic servicing and maintenance of all the equipment in the core facility.
- Advise users on experimental design, sample preparation and troubleshooting.
- Work together with TIFR investigators to ensure compliance with the Institutional Ethics Committee and Biosafety Committee guidelines.
- Contribute to the development and advancement of the central cytometry and imaging facility, as needed.
- Proactively assist in the implementation of novel cytometry and imaging protocols and their applications
How to Apply:
- Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE.
- Candidates applying for above posts and who are eligible for age relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with disabilities etc.). [SC, ST & OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online]. Incomplete applications and applications without photocopy of certificates in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Applicants in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants, who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be able to participate in the recruitment process only upon submission of the NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of application along with relevant enclosures may be submitted by post before 04 May 2018. Such applicants are not required to apply online.
i) On-line applications must be submitted on or before 04 May 2018 and applications by post must reach In-Charge, Establishment by 04 May 2018. Applicants who are required to send the applications by post must super scribe the post applied for, advertisement No. & serial number of the post on the envelope. The format of the application is as prescribed for on-line applications.
ii) Note: The candidates are required to produce following original documents with copies at
the time of the recruitment process:
a. Printout of online application form.
b. Identity proof (Aadhar Card/ Election Card / Pan Card / Passport / Driving License).
c. Date of birth / Proof of age.
d. Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates).
e. Experience Certificate/s.
f. Conduct certificates from two respectable persons.
g. Candidates applying for the above post reserved for Persons with Disability (HH/OH) should be suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability for the benefit of reservation. Candidates will have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format. PWD candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC will be given further age relaxation as per extant GOI rules.
iii) Outstation candidates called for interview for Sr. No.1 will be paid single III Tier A/C return train fare & for Sr. No.2 will be paid single Second Class (Non Air-conditioned) return train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence to the nearest railway station of the place of interview on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets.
iv) The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for the recruitment process. More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/some posts herein advertised.
Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.