NATIONAL AGRI-FOOD BIOTECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE
Knowledge City, Sector 81, S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali 140306, Punjab, INDIA
Advt. no. NABI/8(47)/2018 Gap-24
Genome Editing in Banana Project Based Research Position
Applications are invited for a temporary position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India sponsored research project at NABI.
Project Title: “CRISPR/Cas mediated genome editing of genes for high pro-vitamin A accumulation and its stability in banana” (Sanction order No. BT/PR25789/GET/119/97/2017)
Principle Investigator: Dr. Siddharth Tiwari, Scientist D
Sponsoring agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, Ministry of Science & Technology
Position available: One Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Duration: The appointment will be initially for a period of one year from the date of joining and further extension for one year subject to annual review based on the research progress and accomplishment or till the termination of the project, whichever is earlier.
Objective of the project:
- Designing an efficient CRISPR/Cas tool and protoplast transformation protocol for genome editing in banana.
- Cloning of key targets from carotenoid pathway in CRISPR/Cas cassettes and their editing in banana genome.
- Generation of genome edited banana lines and their analysis
- Growth of events for maturity and fruit analysis for high pro-vitamin A content
Essential qualifications for JRF:
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science with NET Qualification OR Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET qualification OR Post-Graduate Degree in Professional Course (Eligibility criteria as DST OM No.SR/S9/Z-09/2012 dated 21.10.2014).
- CSIR-UGC NET/MHRD-GATE/DBT-BET/ICMR-JRF/ARS-NET etc. national level exams conducted by National Agencies/Departments like ICMR, ICAR, DAE, DST, DBT etc.
- Prior research or training experience in plant genetic engineering, protoplast isolation & regeneration, gene cloning and designing CRISPR/Cas vector
Junior Research Fellow (INR 25000+20% HRA) under the sanctioned project will be hired as per the emoluments’ guidelines and service conditions notified by DST (DST OM No.SR/S9/Z-09/2012 dated 21.10.2014).
The age limit of applicants for the fellows will be 28 years (relaxation is admissible in case of SC/ST/OBC/women as per government of India instructions).
Application and Selection Process:
All interested candidates may appear for Walk-in-interview at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge City, Sector- 81, Mohali- 140306 on 09th May 2018 (Wednesday) at 09:00 AM along with duly filled application form available on the website www.nabi.res.in.
- The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI from 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM on 09th May 2018 (Wednesday).
- The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed.
- All the candidates are requested to appear for the interview with full CV, thesis/project report, publications and original degree certificates and transcripts.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
- Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate(s).
For more information on the above position please contact Dr. Siddharth Tiwari, Scientist-D, NABI, Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and/or visit website http://nabi.res.in/sidd.aspx