Junior Research Fellow Post in ICMR funded project
in Department of Life Sciences, School of Natural Sciences,
Shiv Nadar University
Applications are invited for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in a research project funded by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) under the supervision of Dr. Ashish Gupta (PI) and Dr. Ashutosh Singh (Co-PI), Department of Life Sciences, School of Natural Sciences, Shiv Nadar University.
The project involves the study of Chromatin remodeling factor TIP60 and its role in the regulation of nuclear receptors. The work involves molecular & cell biology techniques including cloning, cell culture, transfection and microscopy.
Lab interest is on dissecting the role of epigenetics regulators. We use mammalian cells as model systems to understand new functions of chromatin modifying proteins and human malaria parasite system to identify and characterize new epigenetic factors.
(For more information please visit Dr. Ashish Gupta’s and Dr. Ashutosh Sing’s web pages at Shiv Nadar University website: http://snu.edu.in).
- M.Sc. in any branch of life sciences with an excellent academic record.
- Candidate must have qualified CSIR-NET/JRF, UGC-NET/JRF, ICMR-JRF or any other national eligibility exam.
- Research experience in the field of molecular & cell biology or Bioinformatics with published papers will be preferred.
|Rs. 25,000/- p.m. + 20 % HRA (as per ICMR norms).|
|1 year but extendable up to two years based on performance and availability of funds.|
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter outlining previous research experiences and reasons for joining this position. Please send-
- Your complete bio-data including the cover letter,
- Educational mark sheets/certificates (from 10th onwards),
- Copy of prior publication(s) (if any) and
- Name of one referee and
- Other relevant documents (if any)
as PDF attachment by email on or before 15th May 2018:
Dr. Ashish Gupta
Department of Life Sciences School of Natural Sciences
Shiv Nadar University NH-91,
Tehsil-Dadri, Greater Noida
District- Gautam Buddha Nagar, UP-201314
Telephone: (0120) – 3819100/2663801(Ext-246)
Please use PIN- 201314 for speed post or registered post and PIN- 203207 (Dadri) for courier services.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.