Summer Training Programme 2018 (May – June)
The Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM) is a National Institute of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) of India with a primary focus of research on drug discovery from natural products- medicinal plants and microbial species.
- The Technology Business Incubator (TBI) at IIIM, Jammu is a state-of-the-art national facility for manufacturing herbal drugs, phytopharmaceuticals & traditional medicine in the form of capsules, tablets, syrups under GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) conditions.
- The research at TBI focuses on microbial biodiversity leading to the production of novel bioactive compounds for human health and biofertilizers, biocides and gluconates for enhanced agricultural yield.
- The NABL accredited laboratory conducts quality control and quality assurance of agricultural produce, nutraceuticals, medicinal and aromatic plants and herbal formulations. IIIM-TBI also has a well-equipped GLP in-vivo laboratory (animal facility) to conduct preclinical studies for drug discovery and development.
Applications are invited for two- month (May-June, 2018) summer training programme from the students pursuing M.Sc / M.Pharm / M.Tech / B.Pharm / B.Tech / B.Sc in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences / Chemical Sciences / Pharmaceutical Sciences from Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges of repute to carry out their project in the following focus areas –
- cGMP Herbal Drug Formulation
- Microbiology Biotechnology
- Fermentation Technology
- Herbal Drug Pilot Plant
- NABL Quality Control/ Quality Assurance
- GLP Animal House Facility
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants shall be selected and finalized for the summer training based on the merit of their application.
- Applicants must have passed all examinations starting from secondary school examination in first division or equivalent grade (at least 55% of marks).
- Trainees shall not be entitled to any remuneration, stipend or fellowship/ assistance in any form during the training period.
- Trainees shall abide by the conduct & rules applicable to the scholars/ employees of IIIM-TBI.
- Trainees shall have to make their own arrangements for stay and other logistics. Hostel facility may be provided within the CSIR-IIIM campus on separate payment basis based on availability and prior intimation.
- CSIR-IIIM campus has a library, dispensary, hostels, sports club, playground, gymnasium etc. There is canteen facility in the campus where meals are available on nominal payment basis. Canteen remains closed on Saturday evening, Sunday and Government holidays. Tiffin facility can be availed by the trainees.
- A training fee of Rs. 10,000/- is payable for the carrying out the training at IIIM-TBI by the selected applicants. The fee shall be transferred to IIIM-TBI on selection to receive confirmation of enrollment in the training programme. The training fee is non-refundable. The bank details for online transfer is given below –
Account Name: IIIM-TBI
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Bank Account No.: 36694379433
Nature of Account: Savings account
Branch Address: Main Branch, Hari Market, Jammu
IFSC Code: SBIN0000657
- Kindly mention your name in the ‘Remarks’ section while making the online transfer of fees. A copy of the transaction receipt/relevant page of bank statement reflecting the payment can be sent to us for verification. The confirmation of participation shall be given on submission of payment receipt.
- At the time of joining the training at IIIM-TBI, trainees are required to submit the following documents –
• Bank Receipt of Training Fees
• Copy of Aadhar card
• Two Photographs
- Trainees shall be provided a training certificate from the CSIR IIIM-TBI only after completion of the tenure of the training programme.
- At the end of the training, trainees shall be required to present a proper report and submit
it to IIIM-TBI.
|To apply for the summer training programme, applicants are required to send scanned copy of the following documents:|
❖ Duly filled application form
❖ Letter of approval addressed to “The Coordinator, Technology Business Incubator, CSIR-IIIM, Jammu” signed by Head of Department or authorized representative of college/university
❖ Marksheets of previously completed semesters/degree
The interested eligible applicants may send the scanned copies of duly filled application form and required documents through email to Ms. Shreya Malik, Deputy Manager, Biotech Consortium India Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st April 2018.