CSIR-INSTITUTE OF GENOMICS AND INTEGRATIVE BIOLOGY
North Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110007
South Campus, Mathura Road, New Delhi-110025
Admission to Ph. D PROGRAM-2018
The CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications from bright young individuals from diverse backgrounds with strong motivation and good academic credentials to pursue research in the frontier areas of modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree. The broad interdisciplinary research areas are genomics and molecular medicine, genome informatics and structural biology, chemical and systems biology, respiratory disease biology and environmental biotechnology.
WHO CAN APPLY
Candidates having Masters’ degree (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology. B.Tech (in Biological Sciences or other branches with a special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XIIth standard board examination. Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and at the XIIth standard board examination.
Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Fellowship: M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least till June 25, 2018, in all cases). Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and under CSIR projects. B.Tech/B/Pharm/B.E students who fulfil the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html) are also eligible.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for interviews at CSIR-IGIB (see below). Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application, May 31, 2018) which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
HOW TO APPLY
Links to the application form will be available at www.igib.res.in after the 15th of April, 2018. The last date of application is 31st of May, 2018. Instructions for filling in the application form and the last date for application is given therein. Candidates will have to submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates]. Instructions for the payment will be available on the website.
All candidates fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria will be invited through email for appearing for interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi, from the 9th to the 12th of June 2018. There will be two rounds of interviews.
- The first round on June 9-10, 2018 is aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences.
- Candidates shortlisted based on the first round of interviews will have to appear for the second round of interviews on the 11th of June 2018.
- The candidates will be evaluated for their aptitude in biological sciences with a special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application.
- The candidates should be ready to make a short 10-minute presentation (whiteboard only) based on their research interest and research proposal.
- Candidates finally selected will have an interaction session with the scientists of the Institute on the 12th of June 2018. The names of the successful candidates eligible to join CSIR-IGIB Ph.D. program will be declared on or before 18th June 2018.
- The selected candidates are required to join CSIR-IGIB anytime between19th June and16th July 2018. Students are usually enrolled in Ac SIR. Selected candidate need to pay a non-refundable fee at the time of admission (Rs 10000 for general category and Rs 5000 for SC/ST/non-creamy OBC candidates).
- No TA/DA will be paid at any stage of the selection process. The decision of the Admission Committee will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Canvassing of any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as a disqualification.
- In case of eligible candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter from appropriate authority is to be submitted to CSIRIGIB at the time of interview otherwise the candidature is liable to cancellation.
- Candidates should note that non-fulfilment of the eligibility criteria will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of admission process.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.