Associate Scientist Position @ Syngene
POSITION TITLE: ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST DBTS
The incumbent will independently perform routine Histopathology work on exploratory and clinical samples. Also will help in Immunohistochemistry assays.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.Sc MLT/M.Sc. Life sciences with MLT (Medical lab Technology) experience/ M.Sc. in Biotechnology with 2-5 years of relevant experience in industry or academic institutions or healthcare organizations.
FUNCTION: DISCOVERY BIOLOGY AND TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCES-IHC
REPORTS TO (Designation): Dr. Biswajeeta Saha (Sr. Research Investigator)
- To independently perform routine Histopathology and Immunohistochemistry assays, both manual and automated, on exploratory and clinical samples.
- Tissue processing, section cutting & staining of slides
- Preparation of TMA slides and blocks
- Cell block preparation
- New biomarker assays- development & Validation
- Cell culture activities required for assay validation
- Documentation of results
- Periodic calibration, AM, PM of equipment
- Manage sample banking system for IHC samples only
- ERP and Inventory management for IHC team
- Take an active part in group discussions, journal clubs, seminars and relevant training programs related to the organization
- Expertise in histotechniques
- Strong concept of IHC assays
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Well versed with routine histology and Immunohistochemistry techniques & automation
- Good knowledge of computers
- Basic knowledge of digital pathology platforms will be an added advantage
KEY BEHAVIOURS TO BE DEMONSTRATED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
Should be diligent in their work, strong in the documentation, capable of multitasking, good team player.
INTERFACES AND DEPENDENCIES:
Internal- Scientists from DBTS team and other BBRC functions as & when required, SCIM, E&M
External- Members of scientific teams in Hospitals/Institutions with whom we have collaborative projects
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.