The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CSIR), invites applications for the certification course in Skill Development under the aegis of CSIR Integrated Skill Initiative, Government of India for the following course.
Training Programme in Molecular Cloning & Protein Expression
CCMB proposes a training course in Molecular Cloning & Protein Expression to generate human resources that are employment-ready for the requirements of industries and academia. The program targets students and employees from government labs/ Institutes, Industries, Hospitals, Pathology Laboratories, Universities with a view to train them to be able to establish a set-up for molecular cloning and protein expression at their respective institutes.
|No. of seats:||10-12 No.s|
|Education Qualifications:||M.Sc., B.Tech., B.V.Sc., MBBS (minimum)|
|Age group:||21-45 years (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC as per GOI|
|Date of Commencement:||18th June 2018|
|Venue of the Course:||iHub; Annexe-II, CSIR-CCMB|
|Course Fee:||Rs. 25,000/- (self/sponsored)|
|Residential/non-residential:||Residential (accommodation provided)|
|Sponsorship:||Established public/private sectors are welcomed to sponsor candidates of their interest.|
Training Curriculum for Basic Course:
- Principles of Handling of bacterial cell cultures, reagents preparation and equipment usage for cloning.
- Preparation of media for bacterial cell culture and maintenance of the bacterial strains.
- Competent cell preparation for recombinant cloning and protein expression.
- Polymerase chain reaction-Its principles and designing of oligos for the gene of interest.
- Plasmid vector preparation.
- Restriction digestion of the plasmid by restriction enzymes.
- Ligation and transformation of the ligated recombinant gene.
- Screening for positive clones and confirmation using colony PCR or restriction enzyme digestion and DNA sequencing.
- Transformation of the confirmed clone into expression host bacterial strain.
- In vivo protein expression standardization, standardization of purification strategies for the expressed protein and its analysis by SDS-PAGE.
Salient Features of the Training:
- 25% theory and 75% practical sessions are per the course curriculum.
- Hand-out information on teaching modules
- Tutorials (personal attention)
- Lectures are assisted with multimedia aids
- Central facility visits within the laboratory
- Evaluation by assignments and exams
- A certificate will be issued to the successful candidates
Candidates interested in the above course(s) need to apply online through their Employer/Director/Manager/CEO/Principal/DEAN/HOD (wherever applicable) in the prescribed format. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure selection. Only short-listed candidates will be informed via email; who would further need to send in their acceptance along with course fee (as Demand Draft in favor of Director, CCMB; payable at Hyderabad) addressed to Co-ordinator, Skill Development Program, CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Habsiguda, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007. Candidates will not be provided TA/DA and accommodation would be provided. For any queries, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org