WALK-IN-INTERVIEW FOR APPOINTMENT OF LABORATORY MANAGERS ON SHORT TERM CONTRACT BASIS ON SATURDAY 7TH APRIL 2018.
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research Institute is looking for appointment of Laboratory Managers on Short term contract. The contract will be initially for a period of Six months only and may be extended upto a maximum of Three years. Applicants with over/higher qualifications will not be considered.
The main responsibility would be up keeping of Laboratory with high standard.
Brief Job Description:
- He/She will supervise routine jobs carried out by Laboratory assistants daily to ensure that quality is maintained
- Responsible for monitoring quality of media prepared by Laboratory kitchen staff.
- Responsible for monitoring sterilized items and all other duties performed by laboratory kitchen to ensure that quality is maintained.
- Maintains laboratory equipment by developing a standard operating procedure, quality standards, service and repair in coordination with-in house team.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Formulation of policy for various activities in the laboratory in consultation with other members of the group.
- Responsible for all ordering in the department, the organization of invoices and receipts, and contact with vendors.
- Manage departmental budget for supplies, service contracts, and maintenance in collaboration with the department chair.
- Oversee storage of hazardous waste and periodic removal
- Maintain safety records and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Provide routine maintenance of departmental instruments and oversee maintenance and repairs performed by third parties.
- Maintain effective communication with the department chair.
- Co-ordinating space utilization in consultation with laboratory manager and relevant faculty.
- Provide support for faculty and students in the department.
- Identifying hazardous conditions or operations in the lab, determining safe procedures and controls, and implementing and enforcing standard safety procedures;
- Ensuring the provision and maintaining in functional working order all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) (e.g., lab coats, gloves, eye protection, etc.);
- Conducting periodic self-inspections of laboratory and maintaining records of inspections, as required.
- Assisting Senior Laboratory Manager in maintaining all functions related to the Laboratory operations.
Essential: Qualification and Experience
- Science Graduate with Biology or Chemistry as major with minimum 60% aggregate.
- 0-2 years working experiences in any Academic/Private Laboratory or any other relevant experience.
- Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications
- Very good communication skills.
Age Limit: Below 28 years as on (01-01-2018)
The selected candidates will be required to join immediately. Interested candidates may attend Written test and Skill Test at NCBS/TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore between 9.00 am and 10:00 am on Saturday 7th April 2018 along with typed applications on plain paper in the following format with true copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in support of their qualifications, experience etc.Age will be relaxed as per norms of the Institute.
Applicants must bring with them a typed application on plain paper in the following format:
- Full name (attach the latest photograph)
- Address for Correspondence
- Permanent Address
- Date of Birth
- Whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC. If so, give details and attach caste/tribe/OBC (non-creamy layer certificate from the competent authority)
- Educational Qualifications with complete details
- Experience with complete details
- Names, Addresses, Telephone Numbers, Fax Number and Email Address of two Professional Referees ( one must be a Direct Supervisor) who have supervised your work in the recent past (attach conduct certificates from them)
- The scale of pay and Basic pay drawn with details of allowances
- Any other relevant information.
The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of desirable experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential qualifications & experience will not entitle an applicant to be called for the recruitment process. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/some post/s herein advertised. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.