The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
Applications are invited for filling up the following One Project Assistant position on consolidated salary from the eligible candidates who fulfill the requisite qualifications.
Name of the Position: Project Assistant
Name of the Project: DST project: “Computational methods for integrating next-generation sequencing data into genomescale metabolic models”.
Consolidated Salary: Rs.23000/- pm.+ HRA@ 30% on Consolidated salary
Minimum Qualifications: B.Tech./M.Sc. in Computational Biology or Bioinformatics from a reputed institution in addition to the specific requirements described below. Final year students of B.Tech./M.Sc. are also eligible to apply but selection will be subject to their being able to pass and produce their mark sheets or certificate before the start of the position.
Specific Requirements for the Position:
The selected candidate will work with Dr. Areejit Samal on a project whose goal is to develop better constraint-based modeling methods to integrate next-generation RNA – seq and ChlP-seq data into the FBA models of available genome-scale metabolic networks. The candidate should necessarily have a background in Computational Biology or Bioinformatics. Prior knowledge of analysis of biological networks and next-generation sequencing datasets is desirable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send a brief e-mail by attaching therewith their latest resume to the e-mail id “email@example.com” and mentioning the position details in the subject of the e-mail as “Application for the Position of Project Assistant, Advt. No.6-R/IMSc/2018 dated March 14, 2018” on or before 1700 hrs on 31/03/2018 (Saturday).
1) Mails sent on or after the above time & date will not be considered under any circumstances.
2) Indicating subject in the e-mail as explained under General Information of the Project Position is very important.
3) Depending on the number of candidates respond to this advertisement, the Institute will decide whether to conduct a brief objective type written test or to go with direct interview.
4) Only those candidates who are meeting the minimum qualification & experience mentioned in the advertisement will be eligible to appear for Written test. Hence screened list of candidates will be displayed by us after verifying their candidature on the “careers page” of the Institute website [www.imsc.res.in] on 04/04/2018. Therefore, shortlisted candidates only need to come and appear for Written Test on 10/04/2018.
5) Except displaying the short list of the candidates on our website, no separate call letter/confirmation requesting the candidates to attend for Written Test (or) Interview will be sent by this Institute in response to those mails through which the candidates have expressed their interest and submitted the resume.
6) The candidates whose names are displayed in the screened list should bring one copy of e-mail sent by them with photo pasted on it with clear header showing time and date of e-mail & Resume already sent by them at the time of reporting for Written Test/Interview. The candidates without e-mail or carrying the copies of e-mails without header or copy of e-mail sent after 1700 Hrs on 31/03/2018 will not be allowed to appear for Written Test or Interview under any circumstances.
- Date of Interview – 31/03/2018 (Saturday)
- Time of Interview – 1700 hrs
- Written Test – Chandrasekhar Hall, Main Building, IMSc
- Venue of Interview – Lounge, III Floor, New Building, IMSc. [only for those who clear the Written Test, if conducted]