Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST)
Paschim Boragaon, Garchuk, Guwahati-781035
Summer Student’s Programme 2018
Applications are invited from students perusing undergraduate and postgraduate courses to participate in the Summer Student’s Programme, 2018 of IASST, Guwahati. Successful applicants will have an opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IASST. Research activities of IASST covers theory and experiment in life sciences, chemistry, physics, mathematics and statistics with a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary research.
Who can apply?
- Students studying in the second and third year B.Sc. / equivalent, or first and second year of M.Sc / equivalent
- Minimum 60% of marks or equivalent grades in the previous years/semesters.
- Applicants are required to go through the research areas of IASST faculty members by visiting the website www.iasst.gov.in to select a topic/project of their intended work.
Benefits to the participants
- Summer students will get an opportunity to work in the laboratories of IASST under the guidance of a faculty member of IASST and will also use sophisticated instruments without paying any charges.
- IASST will not provide accommodation to selected students. Travel support of 3AC train fare/bus fare by shortest route will be provided to the selected outstation candidates on the reimbursement basis. Selected candidates will get a stipend of Rs. 3000/- per month during the training period and a certificate after submission of project report.
Other necessary information:
- Project duration: two months during May – July 2018. No break/leave will be entertained during the project period. The stipend will not be disbursed without completion of the full project period (with no break). The performance of students will be evaluated at the end of the project and the same will be conveyed to their parent institute.
- Filled-in and scanned Application Form downloaded from the website of IASST www.iasst.gov.in should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date of submitting the application is March 19, 2018.
- The results of the selection process will be conveyed to the students by March 30,
- Selection will be strictly on merit basis.
- A recommendation letter from HoD is mandatory.
- Any query regarding this programme may be addressed to email@example.com