Walk-in-interview on March 14, 2018, at 10.00 AM for Project Assistant/Fellow Position under a DST Nano Mission Funded Project at IISER Kolkata
A position for a Project Assistant/Fellow is available in the research group of Dr. Dibyendu Das, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves the synthesis and development of small organic molecules and peptide-based nanostructures and their application as functional materials.
Name of the Position: Project Assistant/Fellow
No. of. Posts: 01
Name of the Project: Self-Propagating Minimal Catalysts: Functional Amyloid Nanostructures for Chemical Evolution
Funding agency: DST Nano Mission
Principle Investigator: Dr. Dibyendu Das, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
Remuneration: Maximum up to 25,000 per month.
Tenure: Up to 3 years, each year extension on mutual agreement. A candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular Ph.D. program of IISER Kolkata provided they satisfy eligibility criteria.
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 6th March 2018 which is relaxable for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India.
- Basic Eligibility Criteria: Highly motivated and bright students with M.Sc. in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Integrated BS-MS from any of the IISERs with minimum 60% marks or minimum CGPA of 8.0.
- Desirable additional experience and qualifications: Exposure to synthetic organic chemistry techniques and peptide chemistry, NET CSIR, UGC, LS qualified or valid GATE score.
How to Apply :
A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to email@example.com latest by 12th March. Candidates are requested to come for a walk-in interview with their CV and proof of qualifications on 14th March 2018 at 9:30 AM in B-23, Prefab II, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741236.
Conditions: No TA / DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview. The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Dr. Dibyendu Das
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur,
West Bengal, Pin – 741236.Phone: 033 6634 0000 (extn: 1317)
- Application Deadline – 12th March 2018.
- Date of Interview – 14th March 2018
- Time of Interview – 09:30 AM
- Venue of Interview – B-23, Prefab II, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741236.