Technical Assistant Position
Name of the Position: Technical Assistant, Mass Spectrometry facility
No.of.Positions: One (1)
Applications are open for the position of Technical Assistant, Mass Spectrometry facility at C-CAMP, Bangalore.
The Mass spectrometry facility provides infrastructure for the identification and quantification of proteins, and their post-transcriptional modifications (PTMs). This includes expertise in PTM enrichment strategies, peptide separations, state-of-the-art mass spectrometry (MS) for discovery-driven experiments, and targeted workflows for sensitive, quantitative monitoring of proteins. The facility develops and adapts sample preparation techniques, MS approaches and software to provide cutting-edge solutions for individual research projects.
- To handle liquid chromatography-Mass Spectrometer (LC-MS).
- LC-MS method development for small molecule identification by LC-MS and LC-MS/MS
- Troubleshooting of Analytical Instruments like LCMS, HPLC, GC, GCMS, GCHS and other analytical supporting instruments etc
- Strong technical background and knowledge of Quality Control.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Support to manage the day-to-day activities of MS facility.
- To conduct thorough hands-on training for the students and researchers
- Documented theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in small organic molecules using LC-MS analysis for identification and quantitation of biological alterations.
- A vital supporter of expanding Mass spectrometry facility capabilities across the basic biology and clinical research.
- To maintain the lab updates such as: procurements, lab cleaning and safety, management of scheduler, log books for the instruments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- M. Sc in chemistry; Biochemistry/ B.Tech
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of hands-on experience in handling liquid chromatography or Mass spectrometry Instrument.
How to Apply:
Inquiries from prospective ‘Facility Assistants’ and ‘Facility Trainees’ are welcome. Please email “email@example.com” with your CV. Applications are invited and will be processed as and when deemed fit. Candidates whose profile matches our requirement will be contacted. There shall be no communication otherwise.
Kindly mention the position in the subject line.
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), is a Dept. of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) initiative and a not for profit organization based in Bangalore. We act as an enabler of Bioscience Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship by providing Research, Development, Training, and Services in State Of The Art Technology Platforms. As a part C-CAMP’s mandate of promoting entrepreneurship and innovation, C-CAMP has created and fostered an entrepreneur-friendly culture in and around academic/research environment through its involvement in seed funding schemes for Startups, Entrepreneur Mentorship program and Bio-incubation facility.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.