SUMMER RESEARCH INTERNSHIPS 2018
The flagship program strives to bring together students and faculty from prominent institutions across the country right here on our campus. It will allow visitors to participate in on-going research projects, undergo mentorship by IITGN faculty and develop close partnerships and collaborations between respective institutions.
For whom (Eligibility): Students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a prominent institution in India.
Duration: At least 8 weeks within summer break of IITGN (Summer Break at IITGN: May 1 – July 10, 2018). The last date for receiving applications is February 25, 2018.
- Applicants are required to work with an IITGN faculty. Applicants are advised to review the list of participating faculty along with the description of projects being offered.
- Applicants may apply for the internship with only one participating IITGN faculty; based on their interests and prior experience they are free to apply for the internship with faculty/projects outside of their declared degree specializations.
- Applicants will be required to make a presentation to the institute and submit a report at the end of the tenure.
Provisions for student interns:
- Weekly stipend of Rs. 1000/-
- Free accommodation; students are required to pay for their own boarding
- A range of activities is organized over the summer for the SRIP interns. Some are noted below.
- Welcome session
- Introductory sessions
- Viva-voce: one-on-one with an SRIP coordinator
- Research proposal: within one week of joining
- Diaries: Tuesday-Friday, Bi-weekly
- SRIP lecture series
- Poster session
- Cultural events
SRIP interns can also attend any event open to the campus community.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.