8th Workshop on Bioinformatics and Molecular Modeling in Drug Design
March 15-17, 2018
Venue: Seminar Hall, ACBR, University of Delhi, Delhi
About the workshop
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research (ACBR), University of Delhi, India is organizing its 8th workshop on Bioinformatics and Molecular Modeling in Drug Design (BIF-MMDD) at Seminar Hall, ACBR, University of Delhi during March 15–17, 2018.
- The meeting focuses on the advancement and exploration of the knowledge about modern trends in Bioinformatics viz. Computational Strategies, use of computers and informatics in understanding gene annotations, bio-molecular interactions, and Rational Drug Design. Various molecular modeling methods such as basics of bioinformatics tools, gene annotations, protein modeling, energy minimizations, molecular dynamics, docking methods and structure-based approaches will be discussed in detail. Along with this, an overview of Big data, protein-protein interaction networks, and pathway analysis will be covered with hands-on training sessions.
- The workshop would provide a great opportunity to budding scientists to share the knowledge and plan future strategies for modern drug research by intellectual interaction with the elite scientists of the country. It is anticipated that the workshop would unwrap new prospective for research in computer-aided drug design and bioinformatics.
About the Center
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research (ACBR) is dedicated to research and postgraduate education in Biomedical Sciences. The institute serves as a prototype of doctoral training where young scientists at the start of their research career can gain the skills and insights required in their chosen fields.
- The Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility (BIF) Centre at ACBR under the Biotechnology Information System Network (BTISNet) programme of DBT started in 2006 to focus on Bioinformatics and drug design. The Facility is known for its research, sound training programmes and the pioneering initiatives in the field.
The topics would include:
- Bioinformatics and its application in understanding gene/protein function.
- Protein Structure Prediction
- Energy Minimization & Molecular Mechanics
- Understanding Biomolecular Interactions
- Structure and Ligand-Based Drug Design
- Protein-Protein Interaction Network and Big Data Analysis
Who should attend the workshop?
Scientists, teachers and research students working in academic and industry in various areas of Bioinformatics & Chemo-informatics for drug design. It is essential that the participant should have basic knowledge of Computer & basic tools of Bioinformatics.
Selection will be based on one-page write-up describing how the workshop will benefit you in your area of research. Send your applications through email to Dr. Madhu Chopra. Preference will be given to active researchers, teachers and scientists working in this field. You will be informed by email. For details visit our website www.acbrdu.edu.
Number of participants: 30
Last date of application: March 5, 2018
Intimation of selection: March 7, 2018
Rs. 1200 /- (Faculty)
Rs. 800 /- (Students)
As per University Guest
Registration Fee will be accepted in the form of DD in favor of Director, ACBR, payable at Delhi and is to be paid only after selection
** An accommodation for 4-5 persons can be arranged on the first-cum-first-serve basis
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.