CSIR-INDIAN INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM
P.O. IIP Mohkampur, Haridwar Road,
Dehradun-248 005,Uttarakhand (India)
Basic Skill Development Training program on ‘Downstream Processing for Enzymes & Proteins’
As per the initiatives taken by the Institute for ‘CSIR-IIP Integrated Skill Development Training Programs’ applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals for the program on ‘Downstream Processing for Enzymes & Proteins’.Our laboratory is equipped with the range of instruments like Protein purification system, High-pressure homogenizer, 2D gel electrophoresis, Ultracentrifuge system, Continuous centrifuge system and TFF system which are commonly used for downstream processing of any protein/enzyme.
Last date for submission of Application: 09/03/18
Declaration of participant: 12/03/18
Enrolment dates: 13/03/18
Commencement of course: 15/03/18
Objectives & Scope
Training is aimed at learning of a wide range of techniques used in research laboratory/ biotechnology industry engaged in the development of bio-based drugs, therapeutic proteins and enzymes for pharmaceutical, agricultural and environmental applications.
- Fundamental and principles of Downstream Processing
- Principles of different methods of protein/enzyme
- Principles of Tangential flow filtration and operations,
- Principles of electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing (IEF) and
handling of instruments
- Fundamental principles of ultracentrifuge systems,
continuous centrifuge systems and their handling
- Extraction of intracellular enzymes/proteins using High
- Preparation of cell-free extract using ultracentrifugation
- Methods for enzyme/ protein purification (acetone precipitation, ammonium sulphate precipitation, tangential flow filtration, buffer exchange, chromatographic separation and analysis
- Different methods of protein estimation
- Electrophoresis (Native and SDS)
- Isoelectric focusing
- Freeze drying/ lyophilization of protein/enzymes
After successful completion
A person will be able to handle the equipments regularly used in downstream processing of protein /enzyme which includes Ultracentrifuge, High pressure homogenizer, Tangential flow filtration system (TFF system), Protein Chromatography ,Protein estimation , Protein and enzyme characterization by SDS, NATIVE gel electrophoresis, 2D gel electrophoresis and protein concentration using lyophilization.
No pre-requisites beside Educational qualification being B.Tech/M.Tech/MSc/B.Pharm/M.Pharm (those appearing in the final exam may also apply). 20 – 45 years of age.
(Age/qualification relaxation as per Govt. of India Rules/discretion of Director, CSIR-IIP).
Who Should Join
Any Indian citizen new to the Biotech industry, having the desire to develop a career in the biotech research laboratories /industries engaged in downstream processing for Enzymes and Proteins.
Salient features of the program
- Theory: Practical:: 25: 75
- Interactive sessions for in-depth knowledge sharing.
- Evaluation of trainees will consist of both Theory & Practical component.
- Certificates /Skill cards will be awarded on successful completion of the training.
How to Apply & Selection
Candidates have to apply as per the application format in the given link below.
- Selection will be made based on criteria after scrutiny of applications.
- All documents in original to be shown on the interview/ selection day and one self-attested set of documents to be submitted on date of interview/selection
Course Fees / Terms and Conditions
A non-refundable course fee of Rs.15000/-(Rupees Fifteen Thousand only) for Student/unemployed candidate and Rs.75,000/-(Rupees Seventy-Five Thousand only) for Company-sponsored /employed candidate to be paid at the time of admission. Course Fee shall be paid through E-payment option.
Bank Account Details facilitating e-transfer of Funds/Payment
Training venue: CSIR-Indian Institute Of Petroleum
P.O.: IIP Mohkampur, Haridwar Road, Dehradun-248 005, Uttarakhand (India).
No TA/DA and accommodation for the interview will be provided to the candidates.
Please send hard copy of application and documents to the following address:
Sh C D Sharma
Co-ordinator, Skill Development Training Program
CSIR-Indian Institute of Petroleum
Mohkampur, Haridwar Road
You may also correspond, send soft copy of the application at the following e-mail:
Contact phone nos.
Sh C D Sharma, Tel No 0135-2525778, M- 9412028789,
Dr Anil K Jain, Tel 0135- 2525751(O), M-9897119578