National Cancer Tissue Biobank (NCTB), IIT Madras &
Indivumed GmbH Collaborative Project
Applications are invited for the following Technician positions at the National Cancer Tissue Biobank at the Department of Biotechnology, IIT Madras.
Last date for receipt of applications is 14th February 2018
Name of the Post: Histology Technician
No. of. Posts : 01
- Receiving and documentation of specimens from various clinical sites including handling, labelling and preparation of worksheets
- Documentation of weights of specimens
- Operation and maintenance of the instrumentation for tissue dehydration, clearing and paraffin impregnation in accordance with Indivumed Process Instructions (PI) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Documentation of dehydrated tissue dimensions
- Operation and maintenance of instrumentation for cassette printing and tissue embedding in accordance with Indivumed Process Instructions (PI) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Operation and maintenance of microtome and production of slides or curls from FFPE blocks.
- Performing routine histopathology techniques such as H&E and special stains, immunohistochemistry etc.
- Administration/management of samples in the Indivumed Laboratory Information Management System (ILIMS)
- Preparation of solutions, stains and reagents in accordance with Indivumed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Inventory supplies, equipment and reagent management
- Performing general laboratory activities
- Induction and training new team members
- General documentation, storage and archiving
- Assist in the adaptation and improvement of workflows
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of Life Sciences
- Clinical laboratory experience, including FFPE tissue embedding, sectioning and staining is essential.
- Experience with routine histological/ immunohistochemical techniques would be an advantage.
- Ability to work efficiently, precisely and as part of a team
- Good data documentation, organization and communication skills
- A strong sense of responsibility, commitment and flexibility
- Computer skills with good knowledge of standard computer programs (i.e., MS Office Suite)
Name of the Post: Pathology Technician
No. of. Posts: 01
- Preparation of the tissue processing area in the operating room (OR).
- Collection of all the important surgery related data.
- Documentation of tissue resection, storage and vessel ligation times in the OR.
- Preparation of the various organs after resection for tissue excision.
- Resection, processing and storage of tumor and normal tissue from the resected organs in accordance with Indivumed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Collection of other biological samples and clinical data in the cooperating local hospitals in accordance with Indivumed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Administration/management of samples in the Indivumed Laboratory Information Management System (ILIMS).
- Support and assist data entry and verify all clinical data for completeness
- Relationship management with the cooperating clinics (doctors, nursing staff, administrative staff)
- Induction and training the new clinic employees and other staff members
- Assist in the preparation and revision of PI and SOPs
- General documentation, storage and archiving
- Review of workflows (clinic and follow-up)
- Assist in the adaptation and improvement of workflows (clinic)
- Contribution to risk assessment and management
- Bachelor degree or Master degree in life sciences from a government-recognized institution or university
- Experience working in a hospital or laboratory setting with human tissue specimens
- Experience handling/cutting of human tissue and basic anatomy knowledge is essential
- Committed team player with good social skills, organizational talents and assertiveness
- Ability to coordinate interdisciplinary workflows, process-oriented way of working, with the ability to think and act economically
- Willingness to collaborate with other staff in cooperating hospitals Computer skills with good knowledge of standard computer programs (i.e., MS Office Suite, etc.)
- A full-time position with competitive salary, based on the candidate’s credentials
- Continuous training and education, as well as the integration into a very collegial and professional team
How to Apply:
- All positions in this project are purely temporary in nature
- The duration of the collaborative project is 3 years
- The tenure of the selected candidates will be for a period of 1 year initially and may be extended further based on their performance.
Please send your application with Curriculum vitae and references to [email protected]