IIT Roorkee invites applications for institute-funded SPARK fellowships for summer internships with a weekly stipend of Rs. 2500/week and project-funded summer internships.
- To provide research exposure to interested undergraduate students of IITR.
- To attract and nurture talented undergraduate students of other institutes. Some of these students may then choose to apply for postgraduate or doctoral studies at IITR.
- Students who are currently enrolled and have completed at least two semesters of the undergraduate degree (B.Arch./B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc) in a relevant discipline from any institute in India.
- Following minimum CGPA criterion will apply:
- CGPA > 7.5 for IITs/IISc.
- CGPA > 8.0 for NITs/ IISERs/ NISER/IIEST.
- CGPA > 8.5 for students of other institutes.
- Please log in to submit your application and view status of your application.
- Applications need to be submitted through an online portal made for the purpose where the applicants will upload the transcripts (mark sheets), photograph, a 500-word research statement, and a brief 1-2 page resume. NOC and LOR are not required.
- Applicants need to mention names of five faculty members of their choice from the list of faculty members interested in having a summer intern.
- Application submission deadline will be February 28 and decision on applications will be made by March 15. Summer training will be held during the scheduled summer vacation at IITR, or a shorter term if the applicant is not available for the entire period.
- However, the term of the summer training should not be less than 6 weeks. Students of IITR will be allowed to begin their summer internship immediately after the completion of the term-end examination.
- Accommodation and mess facilities in the Bhawans, subject to payment of necessary charges at par with that paid by students living in hostels. The average cost of housing would be around Rs.3500/month (including mess facility).
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.