Project Assistant Position
Applications are invited for the position of Project Assistant in Bio-IT centre at IBAB, Electronic city, Bengaluru. The successful candidate will mainly work in the next-generation sequencing (NGS) facility to perform nucleic acid isolations, quality and quantity analyses, NGS library preparations, and maintenance of sequencing related instruments and other related lab equipment.
In addition, the candidate is expected to assist in various administrative matters including procurement, maintaining an inventory of laboratory consumables etc.
The person will have the opportunity to get expertise in the entire pipeline of NGS. After sufficient training, the person will act as a demonstrator in the workshops conducted by Bio-IT centre.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- MSc. or B. Tech. or equivalent degree in Biotechnology or related life sciences discipline.
- Strong aptitude for laboratory work and should be a detail-oriented person.
- Hands-on experience in basic molecular biology techniques.
- Prior experience in working in a research laboratory or industry.
- Basic IT skills that include familiarity with Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance of general lab equipment and laboratory resources.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of laboratory work.
- Willingness to learn, and should be a team player.
Desirable Experiences, and Skills:
- Familiarity with NGS technology.
- Experience in preparation of NGS libraries.
Remuneration will commensurate with expertise and experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send their detailed CV and a cover letter that clearly supports their suitability for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date for submission of application is 28th February 2018.
The Bio-IT center at IBAB has state-of-the-art NGS facility with the high throughput sequencer, HiSeq 2500, which can generate 600GB data in 9 days. The facility is now fully operational and providing services to the scientific community. The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. To know more please visit: http://www.ibab.ac.in/index.php/bioit/