Program Manager Position @ Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally
Name of the Position: Program Manager
Job ID: 61135BR
Location: India – Bangalore
Leads cross-functional teams to commercialize new products of high quality and value to the organization, within the agreed-upon project metrics of schedule, resources, budget and scope.
- Acts as project champion and “general manager”, leading multiple projects to commercialize antibodies for western blotting, immunoassays, and immunofluorescence.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operational aspects of projects, applying best practices and standards of project management to deliver on commitments. This includes, but is not limited to, project initiation, activity and resource planning, risk analysis and mitigation, execution, stakeholder management, as well as project documentation.
- Provides clear and concise communication, both written and verbal, to all levels of the project team and stakeholders, adapting style to accommodate a diversity of audiences & situations.
- Impacts business performance and operational efficiency through the delivery of results, as well as continuous improvement of the process.
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy.
- A strongly pro-active, helpful, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Enjoys working with people. Able to build effective relationships, influence people, drive accountability, and resolve conflict.
- Self-managing and self-motivating, able to prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines and expectations.
- A strong desire to continuously develop and improve their own and departmental performance.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- 6 or more years of combined product development and project management experience.
- Fluent in English.
Skills and Attributes Preferred, but not Required:
- Experience with cell biology, immunology, or protein chemistry.
- PMP certification.