INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH TIRUPATI
Advertisement No.: 02/2018
RECRUITMENT FOR THE POST OF PROJECT FELLOW /ASSISTANT
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following positions on the purely contractual basis:
Job Title: Project Fellow / Assistant
Project Title: Investigation of allosteric communication in multidomain proteins (funded by IISER Tirupati)
Project Investigator: Dr. Soumit S. Mandal
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. / M.Tech with at least 55% marks in any branch of Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology or any other branches of Life sciences.
Desirable Qualification: Preliminary experience in molecular biology and cell biology experiments, biophysical characterization techniques.
Application (s) in the prescribed format to be sent to: soumit.man dal@iisertir upati.ac.in
Unravelling the role of root capspecific mannosebinding lectin proteins in root development and their implications in shaping the plant response to environment al cues (Funded by SERB)
Project Investigator: Dr. Eswarayya Ramireddy
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. or Equivalent degree in Life Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences with minimum 60% marks or an Equivalent degree.
Desirable Qualification: Experience in molecular plant physiology and developmental biology.
Application (s) in the prescribed format to be sent to: eswar.ramir eddy@iisert irupati.ac.in
The last date of receipt of applications is 17.00 hrs of February 16, 2018.
- Candidates who have qualified any of the national level test like CSIR/UGC – NET/GATE etc. with valid score in score card are eligible for remuneration of Rs. 25000/- + HRA as per GOI rules per month.
- Others will be eligible for INR 16,000 + HRA as per GOI rules per month based on their academic qualification.
How to Apply:-
- The application form for applying for the above-mentioned position(s) is given below this advertisement.
- Applicants should send their duly filled & signed application (converted into PDF) via email to the email ID’s mentioned in the last column of the above-given table.
- Please mention the name of the Post & the Project Investigator in the subject line. No other form of application will be accepted.
- The last date of receipt of applications is 17.00 hrs of February 16, 2018.
- The details of the further selection process will be informed to the shortlisted candidates via email only.
- The print out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. would be collected at the time of further selection process. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of further selection process for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies.
General information/details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or
compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Tirupati.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
- Candidate selected can also apply for the regular Ph.D program of IISER Tirupati, provided they satisfy eligibility criteria.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.