Research Scientist -CRISPR Protien Job at Reliance Industries Limited
Job Title: Research Scientist
Function/Business Area: Research & Development
Location: Navi Mumbai
- Ensure completion of experiments and generate accurate and reproducible data from experiments. Develop relevant models and validation of the same.
- Supervise and execute laboratory/pilot plant experiments pertaining to the relevant research area such as sample preparation using various methods, sample characterization using various analysis & evaluation of the concerned samples.
- Organize facilities for experiments in research such as chemicals, equipment, analytical methods etc.
- Participate in pilot plant operations/studies, utilize results as boundary conditions for model development
- Support to plant operations
- Collect data and conduct relevant analysis
- Uploading reports on portal
- Preparation of Internal Technical Report
- To generate scientific/technical data, using established systems, procedures and protocols
- Develop new systems and methods and tools
- May have responsibility for providing other individuals with instructions and guidance to complete tasks which have been assigned
- Performs part of a key activity using fairly routine activities within a specified work program varying the approach taken as the precise nature of the work output varies
- Working independently carry out work to required standards to a plan agreed with supervisor and using known and novel procedures
- Apply knowledge and experience to recognize problems and work with supervisor in finding solutions; advise supervisor of any backlogs and on likely timescales
- Using basic, established, local methods and techniques, find information for advising or discussing with supervisor
- Compliance with HSE requirements and suggest improvements in own work area
- Provide advice/guidance on practical or technical issues to less experienced staff
- Report to manager on progress and completion of an activity on an agreed (possibly daily) basis
- Settle straightforward /minor problems or complaints within agreed limits
- Review the priorities of outstanding tasks for self and others and amend as necessary.
- Exchange information with internal and external contacts and be able to judge when to pass on to others
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills)
- The candidate should have a good understanding and hands-on experience in the macro-molecular delivery system in cells and basic understanding of CRISPR – technology.
- Hands-on experiences on RT-PCR, plasmid construction, southern and northern blotting is required,
- Experiences in high-throughput screening of algae and cyanobacteria is desirable.
- Should have a good understanding of basic microbiology, vector development, DNA delivery methods to single cell factories with special emphasis on algae and cyanobacteria.
- Hands on experience in delivering CRISPR-protein complexes, and basic microbiology and biochemical techniques.
- Basic knowledge of algae and cyanobacteria culture techniques, DNA and protein extraction, 2D electrophoresis, gel shift assay and gene expression.
- Demonstrated experience with molecular tool development and implementation in the microbial system is preferred, including cell biology and imaging.
- Mastery of molecular technical skills should be evident through publications in peer-reviewed journals/patents.
- Should have the mindset to work in multidisciplinary team, attitude to collaborative mindset is highly desirable
- Data documentation and record keeping
- Should be a good communicator.
Key Attributes (Experience and Qualifications)
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology/Cell and Molecular Biology/ Microbiology/ Plant science or related field, with at least 1 – 2 years of post-doctoral experience, capable of executing projects independently.
- Should have demonstrated technical expertise in molecular tool development in eukaryotic and/or prokaryotic organisms.
Education Requirement :
PhD in Biology/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with specialization in relevant research area
Minimum 2-3 years of research experience
Skills & Competencies :
- Conduct literature survey in the area of research and compile information for dissemination & critical analysis.
- Develop work method and prepare SOPs for experiments in research including designing & planning of experiments.
- Prepare/Use simulation models.
- Study technology offers/ process engineering documents
- Perform process engineering design activities such as using relevant tools
- Familiar with applicable guidelines / codes/standards / legislation relevant to field of research.
About Reliance Industries Limited
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is India’s largest private sector company, with a consolidated turnover of INR 330,180 crore ($50.9 billion), cash profit of INR 42,800 crore ($6.6 billion), and net profit of INR 29,901 crore ($4.6 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2017.
Our vision has pushed us to achieve global leadership in many of our businesses – including our position as the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world. In 2004, we became the first private sector company from India to feature in Fortune’s Global 500 list of ‘World’s Largest Corporations’ – currently ranking 203rd in terms of revenues, and 110th in terms of profits in the world. Today, Reliance stands 106th in the ‘Forbes Global 2000’ rankings for 2017 – the top-most among Indian companies.
RIL ranks 10th in LinkedIn’s 2017 list of ‘Top Companies Where India Wants to Work Now’.