Khorana Program for Scholars 2018
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward are partnering to support the prestigious Khorana Program for Scholars named in honor of Dr. Har Gobind Khorana, who won the Nobel Prize in 1968 for his work at the interface of Chemistry and Biology while a member of the UW faculty.
The Khorana Program will provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in Summer 2018 for a period of 10 weeks. A list of UW partner universities is available http://www.winstepforward.org
- Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake R&D
- Enable students to carry out research at a premier University in the United States
- Transform research into societal benefits Build a seamless scientific community between India and the United States
Eligibility: B.Tech, M.Tech and B.Sc./M.Sc. students currently enrolled in recognized institutions of higher education in India in Biotechnology and allied areas are eligible to apply.
Students pursuing Ph.D./Final year students are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship includes: Stipend, Airfare, Health Insurance
Program dates: May-July 2018
- Pre-final year candidates enrolled in B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc., MBBS in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agricultural, food, health and biomedical sciences) are eligible to apply. Final Year students and Ph.D. students are NOT eligible to apply
- The applicant should have:
• Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 or higher OR
• Percentage: 80% and higher.
- Only those candidates (preferably pre-final year) who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are encouraged to fill out the online application and upload scanned copies of latest marksheet/transcript, No-Objection Certificate & 2 Letters of Recommendation. Supporting documents should be provided strictly according to the check-list mentioned in the application form. Please DO NOT attach Class X/Class XII marksheets.
- Recommendation letters can be sent along with the application form or if referees wish to give a sealed one, they may send it directly to email@example.com with Applicant’s full name in the subject line.
- Hard copies of the application form/supporting documents are not required.
- If you do not have a passport and have applied for it, choose “Applied for” in the passport details section of the Application form.
- Applications in subject-fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be
Applications should be submitted using Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
For immediate answers to your questions you may contact:
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
12 Hailey Road, Fulbright House, New Delhi- 110 001
Phone: 91-11- 42691713, 42691700, 42691708
Application deadline: 31 January 2018
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.