National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali, is an autonomous Research & Development Institute under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
The institute carries out cutting-edge research encompassing multiple research areas that include agricultural biotechnology, epigenetics, computational biology & bioinformatics, post-harvest technology, food and nutritional
science and technology.
To impart high-quality training in advance areas of biotechnology to students of under-graduates (BSc & BTech) and post-graduates (MSc & M.Tech), applications are invited from motivated candidates with high level of creativity, innovative ideas, and communication skills.
- A bench fee of Rs.5000/- per month Plus GST @ 18% for six months per trainee shall be charged by the institute from the students or sponsoring institutes after selection by demand draft in favor of “NABI” payable at Mohali.
- The training period should be for six months i.e. January 2018 to June 2018. The training will be conducted at NABI’s main campus and training project should be within scope of NABI mandates.
- The training would be in one of the four areas – i) agricultural biotechnology, ii) computational biology and bioinformatics, iii) food science and technology, and iv) nutrition science and technology. Apart from lab works, a trainee may be required to involve in research works in field and growth/tissue-culture chambers for growing and testing research materials.
- NABI will not arrange any accommodation. The trainees have to arrange their own accommodation.
- The number of trainees to be required will depend on the scientist’s requirement from time to time.
- The selection of trainees shall be through screening cum selection committee based on academic merit and experience.
- Opportunities are also available for short-term or long-term training sponsored programs by government agencies such as DST, DBT, INSA, NASI, etc.
- The request for training should come from the Head of the department, Dean, Registrar, Head of Institute on letterhead.
- Eligibility: Pursuing Under Graduation (BSc/BTech) and Pursuing PostGraduation (MSc/M.Tech).
- Duration of training: 6 months (January 2018 to June 2018)
- The prescribed application format is available on NABI website. It should be mailed by post to Administrative Officer, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, Sector-81, Knowledge City, SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab-140306.
Documents to be submitted:
1) A filled application form (downloaded from NABI)
2) Application form forwarded by Head of Department or Dean or Registrar or Head of the institute on letterhead.
3) Attested copies of mark sheets of latest degree and semesters and class X and XII and birth certificate
13. The last date of application to reach NABI: December 20, 2017, by 5:30 PM
14. Stipend: No
Application Deadline – December 20, 2017, by 5:30 PM
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.