The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CSIR), invites applications for certification course in Skill Development under the aegis of CSIR Integrated Skill Initiative
CCMB proposes a training course in genome engineering of mammalian cells using gene-editing technology CRISPRs to generate human resources that are employment-ready for the requirements of industries and academia.
The program targets students and employees from government labs/Institutes, Industries, Hospitals, Pathology Laboratories, Universities with a view to train them to be able to design and construct CRISPR constructs and generate knock-out and knock-in mammalian cell lines.
Duration: 2 weeksNo. of seats: 8-10 No.s
Education Qualifications: B.Tech., M.Sc, B.V.Sc., MBBS (minimum)
Age group: 21-45 years (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC as per GOI rules
Date of Commencement: 5th Feb 2018
Venue of the Course: iHub; Annexe-II, CSIR-CCMB
Course Fee: Rs. 25,000/- (self/sponsored)
Residential/non-residential: Residential (accommodation provided)
Sponsorship: Established public/private sectors are welcomed to sponsor candidates of their interest.
Training Curriculum for Basic Course:
- Concepts of genome editing and engineering.
- Design of sgRNA, donor oligos, and donor-targeting vectors.
- Cloning of sgRNAs, preparations of CRISPR constructs for transfections.
- Cell culture, transfections, and selection of CRISPR transfected cells.
- Genotyping to identify indel knockout cells.
- Co-transfection of CRISPR and donor construct for generating knock–in.
- Genotyping and confirmation of CRISPR based knock-in cells.
Salient Features of the Training:
- 20% theory and 80% practical sessions are as per the course curriculum.
- Hand-out information on teaching modules
- Tutorials (personal attention)
- Lectures are assisted with multimedia aids
- Central facility visits within the laboratory
- Evaluation by assignments and exams
- A certificate will be issued to the successful candidates
Candidates interested in the above course(s) need to apply online through their Employer/Director/Manager/CEO/Principal/DEAN/HOD (wherever applicable) in the prescribed format. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure selection.
Only short-listed candidates will be informed via email; who would further need to send in their acceptance along with course fee (as Demand Draft in favor of Director, CCMB; payable at Hyderabad) addressed to Co-ordinator, Skill Development Program, CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Habsiguda, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007.
Candidates will not be provided TA/DA and accommodation would be provided. For any queries, please send email to email@example.com.
|Course||Engineering mammalian cells with CRISPR tools|
|Course Schedule||5th Feb – 17th Feb 2018 (2-Weeks)|
|Application Start Date||5th Nov 2017|
|Application Deadline||5th Dec 2017|
|Intimation of Selection by||5th Jan 2018|
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.