AcSIR Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2018
Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) invites applications from eligible students for its Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2018. The program provides students with the unique opportunity to work with renowned scientists in CSIR-Labs.
About Summer Training Program
Summer Training Program at AcSIR provides an opportunity to spend one of your summers working at premier research Laboratories of CSIR with some of the leading scientists in India, in an environment which promotes trans-disciplinary research. The program is supported/ funded by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.
The summer training program offered by AcSIR is a residential one, which requires you to mandatorily reside on the campus of the respective CSIR Labs on the charge basis. There are totally 20 seats available, with the scholarship.
- Duration: This is a two months’ program, scheduled for May and August.
- Amount of Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per student for the duration of the program. This amount will be payable upon successful completion of the training program and submission of the project report to the Laboratory Coordinator.
- Travel allowance: This will be reimbursed up to a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per student.
The following students are eligible to apply:
- Those who are pursuing third-year B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent, with GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Semester.)
- Those who are in the first year of M.Sc. or equivalent, with minimum first-class at pre-M.Sc. degree level; or M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent with GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/B.Tech level or GATE Score greater than or equal to 600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100.
- Those who are in the third to the pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc. or equivalent, with GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (upto IV Sem).; or M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent with GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Semester) or GATE Score greater than or equal to 600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100.
The screening of the selection process will be primarily based on a Research Proposal and other screening criteria decided by the Committee. You can give up to 5 preferences of CSIR Labs/Institutes (refer to the list of Labs at the official website.) Before selecting, you should visit the websites of the CSIR Lab for information on the research areas over there.
Shortlisted applicants will be intimated and a selection interview will be scheduled at a central location. In order to be considered for the training program, you must appear of the interview, for which food & lodging arrangements will be made.
You may make a specific request for an interview via Skype or another electronic medium. Final selection is on the basis of merit/performance at the selection interview.
At the time of the interview, you must produce supporting documents for the information you have provided in your online application form.
How to apply
Submit your application for the summer training program at http://acsir.res.in/ and http://acsir-summertraining.emli.in/
Last date to submit the application: 31st December 2017.
AcSIR Coordination Office
Sector-19, Kamla Nehru Nagar,