Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) invites application for admission to the Ph.D. program (September 2017 session) in various domains of disease biology.
Advt No: RGCB/PhD/2017-II
Details of admission are as follows:
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/Chemical/Agricultural/Environmental/ Veterinary/Pharmaceutical/Medical Sciences or with an MCI certified MBBS degree are eligible to apply.
- Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
- Applicants with UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE fellowships must have a first class in their qualifying examination. These fellowships must be valid till March 2018.
- Applicants, who do not have any fellowship, should have a minimum of 70% mark (OGPA – 7.0) for the qualifying degree.
- SC/ST candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks (OGPA-6.0) for their qualifying degree.
- A limited number of Institute stipends will be available for those selected candidates without a research fellowship. This conditional financial support will be a subsistence allowance for an initial period of two years during which they will be strongly encouraged to seek their own fellowships from external agencies so that the Ph.D. program continues uninterrupted.
- All eligible candidates, irrespective of their fellowship status, will have to appear for a qualifying entrance test which will be conducted at RGCB for short listing candidates for the selection interview.
- Results of the qualifying test will be announced within one hour and selection interview for shortlisted candidates will begin on the same day.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on July 31, 2017. Age limit will be relaxed for SC/ST/Physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
- RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal University, Mahatma Gandhi University and Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by these Universities for the award of Ph.D. degrees.
- All selected trainees will undergo the mandatory three-month course work from September to December 2017.
- Only candidates who pass the course work evaluation will be allowed to register for Ph.D. A maximum of two attempts only is permitted to pass the course work evaluation. Candidates who are not successful in both attempts will have to exit the Ph.D. program.
- Final allotment to specific laboratories will be decided after mutual acceptance by both mentor and student.
Application form and other details can be downloaded from click here. Applications along with prescribed fees (as a demand draft of Rs 500/) must be submitted to The Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram 695014, Kerala State, India. SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees. The last date for receiving completed applications is August 4, 2017. Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected. Applications (scanned copies/pdf along with a photocopy of the processing fee DD) can also be submitted through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must bring relevant original certificates, mark sheets and the demand draft (if not already submitted).
|August 4, 2017||Last date for receipt of applications at RGCB.|
|August 20, 2017 (Sunday)||Written examination at RGCB.|
|August 20, 2017 : 14.30||Exam results announced at 2.30 pm and the names of candidates shortlisted for selection interview posted on notice boards and website.|
|August 20, 2017 : 15.00 to 18.00||Selection interviews.|
|August 21, 2017 : 9.30 to 18.30||Selection Interviews.|
|August 22, 2017||Announcement of the Final List of candidates selected as RGCB PhD trainees.|
|September 11, 2017||Selected PhD trainees report to Office of Academic Affairs, RGCB.|
|September 13, 2017 to December 13, 2017||Mandatory Course Work and Laboratory Rotation.|