ICMR – Centre for Research in Medical Entomology
No.4, Sarojini street, Chinna Chokkikulam
Madurai – 625 002
Walk-in-interview/written test for filling up of Project Posts
Candidates with prescribed qualification and experience for the posts (purely temporary, co-terminus with the project) mentioned below, may appear for a walk-in-interview/written test together with their complete bio-data with one recent photograph and photocopies of the certificates/testimonials and the originals for verification at the above mentioned address on 26th July 2017 at 10 AM.
Project 1: A point of care device for malaria diagnosis and drug resistance genotyping.
PI: Dr. Aparup Das, Scientist ‘G’ and Director, Duration 2 years.
(i) Research Associate (One): Rs.36000/- (per month) +HRA. Age: up to 40 years
Essential qualification: Ph.D., in any branch of Life Sciences/Biomedical Sciences or MD/MS/MVSc in medical/dental/veterinary discipline.
Desirable: Working experience in molecular biology of malaria parasites/vectors with special reference to PCR, DNA sequencing, and sequence data analyses and field collection of malaria samples are desirable.
The selected candidate is also expected to organize, manage and assist day to day research work to facilitate and manage the project work.
(ii) Project Assistant (One): Rs. 31,000/- (per month, consolidated).Age up to 30 years
Essential Qualification: Graduate degree in Basic Life Sciences from a recognized University with 3 years work experience from a recognized institution OR Post graduate degree in Basic Life Sciences.
Desirable: The candidate should have experience in molecular biological work especially genomic DNA isolation, PCR, sequencing and DNA sequence analyses. Candidates with working experience on malaria or other vectors
borne diseases in the above-mentioned subjects and field collection of malaria samples will be most preferred.
Project 2: Nanofibre encapsulation of Pseudomonas fluorescence for the sustained production of mosquito larvicides. PI: Dr. M. Muniyaraj, Scientist ‘C’,
Duration 3 years.
(i) Senior Research Fellow (One): Rs.28,000/- (per month) +HRA; Age up to 35years
Essential Qualification: Post graduate degree in Basic Life Sciences with NET qualification or Graduate degree in a professional course with NET or Postgraduate degree in professional course with minimum two years of
Desirable: The candidate should have experience in Microbiology and/or Nanotechnology particularly in preparing nanofibers. Candidates with working experience in vector borne diseases with above experience will be
General Terms and Conditions:
1. Candidates are advised to report for verification of documents at 9.00AM on 26th July 2017 at the office of “ICMR- Centre for Research in Medical Entomology, 4, Sarojini Street, Chinna Chokkikulam, Madurai – 625002”.
2. All the positions are purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
3. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from a reputed institution/organization recognized by the relevant authority.
4. Experience shall count from the date of completion of the minimum educational qualification.
5. Submission of incorrect or false information during the process of written test and/or personal discussion shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
6. Age is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and women candidates as per central government rules and also for candidates in deserving cases possessing experience of working in other research projects in Govt./autonomous bodies/PSU etc.
7. Age limit and experience will be considered as on the date of walk-in interview/ written test.
8. The Director, ICMR-CRME reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of vacancies as per requirement.
9. No benefit of Provident Fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc., will be considered since the posts are purely temporary basis.
10. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test and/or personal discussion.
11. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/experience does not guarantee selection.
12. Candidates employed in Govt. Service/Semi Govt. Autonomous Bodies of State/Central Govt. should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of written test / personal discussion.
13. The above posts will be filled-up on purely temporary and contractual basis, which is co-terminus with the project and the candidate will have no right to claim for permanent employment under CRME/ICMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
14. On the event where the numbers of eligible candidates are more than 30 for each post, a written test will be conducted for shorting out of candidates for interview. Written test will be of 70 marks consisting of 100 objective and multiple-choice type questions on the syllabus as per the essential and desirable qualifications.
15. All posts are contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
16. Canvassing and bringing pressure in any form for short listing and employment will be a disqualification and barred from the selection process.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.