Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Graduate School Admissions Exam
TIFR GS each year is conducted by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for Graduate School Admissions, Mumbai. The TIFR national level entrance exam for biology, TIFR GS, is also known as Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS).Details about the exams are given below.
Eligibility Criteria for BIOLOGY:
- For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include M.Sc.(Ag.), B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4 years course), MBBS, BDS, M.Pharma. Candidates will be short-listed for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Writeup.
- For I-Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science.
- For Ph.D. Program in TCIS: Sc. in Physics, Chemistry or Biology.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER):
- Bhopal (http://www.iiserbhopal.ac.in);
- Kolkata (http://www.iiserkol.ac.in);
- Mohali (http://www.iisermohali.ac.in/);
- Pune (http://www.iiserpune.ac.in) and
- Thiruvananthapuram (http://www.iisertvm.ac.in)
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (http://www.ccmb.res.in)
- Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad (http://www.cdfd.org.in)
- National Brain Research Centre, Manesar(http://www.nbrc.ac.in)
- National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru (http://www.ncbs.res.in)
- National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi (http://www1.nii.res.in/)
- Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Bangalore (http://instem.res.in/)
- National Centre for Cell Science, Pune (http://www.nccs.res.in)
- Department of Biological Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai (http://www.tifr.res.in/~dbs)
- Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC), Mumbai (http://www.actrec.gov.in)
- National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneshwar (http://www.niser.ac.in)
- Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad (http://www.rcb.res.in)
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata (http://www.saha.ac.in)
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (http://www.imsc.res.in)Each participating institution has its own admission procedure, and only the test scores of the TIFR exam (JGEEBILS) are common. Students need to apply separately to the concerned institution, indicating the TIFR Entrance Test Reference Code.Please refer to the individual websites of participating institutions for details of their admissions process
Interested candidates need to fill the application form ONLINE
- Online registration- 1st week of September
- Last date to submit application form- mid of October
- Last date for Online Payment– mid of October
- Admit card- 1st week of November
- Date of Entrance Exam- 1st week of December
- Result Declaration- last week of January
The test consists of multiple choice questions covering basics only in physics, chemistry, maths, biology. There is no guide book and no syllabus. No special knowledge or preparation is required. Revise your basics, thats all.
For More Details Visit http://gsadmissions.tifrh.res.in/