ICAR AIEEA PG ENTRANCE EXAM
Each Year Indian Council of Agricultural Research conducts this exam for Admissions to 25% Seats (100% seats of ICAR Deemed universities & DR. RP CAU PUSA) in Masters Degree Programmes of Agricultural Universities courses and award of ICAR-PG Scholarship/NTS (PGS) in Agriculture & Allied Sciences.
By clearing this entrance you can get admission into Plant Biotech & Molecular Biology/ Biotech, Animal Biotechnology, Animal Biochemistry, Animal Genetics and Breeding, Dairy Microbiology ..etc
- Age and Nationality: Indian Nationals having age not below 19 years as on 31.08.2017 (i.e., a candidate should not have been born after 01.09.1998) are eligible to appear in the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
- Qualifying Examination
- Candidate must have passed (or due to appear at the final examination) their Bachelor degree from a recognized university in the concerned field under 10+2+5 (B.V. Sc. & A.H.), 10+2+4, 10+6 years degree (B.Sc. Ag.) programmes may apply for this examination. Few options for the candidates having passed Bachelor degree with 10+2+3 year degree programme are available in only two ICAR-DUs namely IARI Pusa and NDRI Karnal in some courses. For admission in M.V.Sc., candidates must have completed B.V.Sc. & A.H. with internship before the date of admission in the allotted university.
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor degree examination securing Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.60/10.00 in ten-point scale, 3.25/5.00 in five-point scale, 2.60/4.00 in four-point scale for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/Physically Challenged (PC) candidates, the said requirement is an OGPA of at least 5.60/10.00, 2.75/5.00, 2.20/4.00, respectively. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories, whereas for SC/ST/PC categories the requirement is 50% marks. (Please note that equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable).
SEAT AVAILABILITY: Reservation of seats for SC/ST, PC, UPS and OBC
- For ICAR-PG scholarships reservation of seats for SC is 15%,and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe candidates in different disciplines. The reservation of seats among SC/ST categories is interchangeable.
- 3% seats are reserved, horizontally across the categories in different subjects, for Physically Challenged (PC) candidates
- OBC candidates reservation would be available at BHU, Viswa Bharati, AMU, SASARD Nagaland University, CAUs, CIFE, IARI, IVRI and NDRI universities as per latest Government of India directives applicable at the time of counseling.
- 2% seats under each discipline would be reserved, horizontally, across categories for the candidates of the remote and under privileged States/UTs .
ENTRANCE EXAM DATES:
- Commence of online application form- mid of April
- Last date of online application form- beginning of May
- E-admit card- end of May
- Date of examination – June
- Declaration of result- July
- Counseling- starts just after the declaration of result i.e., July
GENERAL SCHEME OF EXAMINATION PATTERN:
- Exam duration:5 hours,time:10.00 A.M to 12.30 P.M
- Major Subject Groups, Question Papers and Writing Answers in the Examination:
(i) The examination shall have one question paper for each of the 20 major subject-groups, consisting of 150 multiple-choice objective type questions, each with four options and also 10 cross-matching type questions, each having five sub-questions/pairings for every subject-group paper. The details of the 20 major subject groups are given in the information brochure.
(ii) In each subject-group, 150 multiple choice objective type questions would be serially numbered from 1-150 whereas 10 cross-matching type questions would be serially numbered from 151-160.
- Marking scheme:
- Each correctly answered multiple-choice objective type question will earn four marks whereas each correctly answered cross-matching type question will earn 5 marks (1 mark for each correct pairing) with a maximum of 650 marks for each major subject-group paper.
- For each incorrectly answered multiple-choice objective type question, one mark would be deducted from the total score whereas for each incorrectly answered cross-matching type sub-question/pairing, 0.2 marks would be deducted from the total score.
- Question with no response indicated will not be awarded any mark and there will be no negative marking for that question.
- The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions in the OMR answer sheet, for which they are not sure of the correct answer. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect answer and will invite negative marking.
Candidate will be required to choose the correct answer and mark in the OMR answer sheet by darkening the corresponding circle/bubble against the serial number of the question with black/ blue ball-point pen.
A visually challenged (blind) candidate, can request for the services of amanuensis (Scribe) who must be one grade junior in academic qualification i.e. not more than XII pass in the present case and should not be related to the candidate. For amanuensis, the candidate must submit a separate request letter, at least one week in advance, to the concerned Nodal Officer of the Examination City Centre giving a copy of the PD/PC certificate issued by a competent authority. The services of amanuensis (Scribe) who should be from academic discipline other than that of the candidate, shall be provided free of cost by the Nodal Officer. The scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking, confirming that the scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe as mentioned above. In case, later on it is proved that candidate has suppressed material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the outcome of result of the written test. Such candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for extra time of 50 minutes during examination.
EXAMINATION CENTRES: Anand,Bengaluru,Bhopal,Bhubaneshwar,Chandigarh,Chennai,Coimbotore,Delhi,Dharwad,Guwhati,Hyderabad,Imphal,Jaipur,Jammu,Karnal,Kolkata,Lucknow,Medziphema,Nagpur,Patnagar,Patna,PortBlair,Pune,Raipur,Ranchi,Srinagar,Thiruvananthapuram,Udaipur,Varanasi,Mathura,Bareilly,Jodhpur,Kozhikode,Parbhani,Raichur,Bagalkot,Dapoli.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS:
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.