Apply for M.Sc. Biotechnology Admissions 2017
SkolTech is currently accepting applications for Master of Science study in the Master of Science in Biotechnology Program
About The Program
The Biotechnology program includes courses and seminars on gene engineering, molecular biology, pharmacology, bioinformatics, neurosciences and a range of additional subjects that students can elect as options. Students also receive extensive hands-on training in a well-equipped molecular biology laboratory and a brand new bioinformatics laboratory.
|Tuition fees||Application dates
|Modes and duration
Full time: 2 years
No tuition fee for the applicants who pass the selection process
|Open: December 16, 2016
Close: July 16, 2017
Selection round dates: July 29, 31, 2017
Master of Science in Biotechnology
|Language of instruction
Program is accredited by the Russian Government,certificate № 1123 from October 13, 2014
Relevant bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, IT, Physics, Medicine.
|English language requirements
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The Key features of the Biotechnology program are:
- Cutting edge research in data-intensive biomedicine and biotechnologies
- Covers the lack of biotechnology educational programs in Russia
- Special emphasis on bioinformatics and mathematical biology methods and approaches
- Provides a unique educational environment in the fields of biomedicine and biotechnology
- Renowned faculty with international experience and collaborations
- Incorporates a variety of disciplines covering major topics in modern and medical biotechnologies and lab practice within the individual educational track
- Diverse and strong collaboration with international and Russian partners including MIT, Harvard Medical School, Pasteur Institute and others
- Publications in top journals
The Objectives of the Biotechnology program are:
- to learn from the best international experts
- to work on breakthrough scientific projects
- to acquire hands-on experience in biotech business
In the first year we offer courses and seminars and extensive hands-on training in a well-equipped molecular biology teaching laboratory and a brand new bioinformatics teaching laboratory. In addition to courses in the broad area of life science, students are expected to take courses in innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as at least one industry immersion program with our industrial partners. During the second year of the program, students complete individual research projects under the supervision of Skoltech faculty in the Data-Intensive Biomedicine and Biotechnology Centers of Research, Education, and Innovation, followed by their master’s thesis defense.
Application to Skoltech consists of two stages:
Stage 1. Application at Skoltech’s online portal