Oil India Ltd. invites applications from eligible Indian Nationals, to fill up the following posts in Grade ‘C’ in the pay-scale of Rs. 32900-58000
A. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Job Title: Senior Biotechnologist
Post Code : (BT:01)
Age Limit (in years) as on 12.08.2017: UR:32/34*
Essential – Graduate degree in Biotechnology Engineering OR Post Graduate degree in Biotechnology.
Post Qualification Experience:
- Good knowledge and understanding of oil and gas field operations, Microbiology, Chemistry, Geosciences etc.
- Knowledge of algae biofuel, Bioremediation, Phytoremediation, Microbial EOR
- Knowledge of biotechnological applications in IOR, Microbial prospecting etc.
- Knowledge of setting up necessary lab facilities, cultures and characterization of microbes, characterization of products, the study in field etc.
- Knowledge to work towards commercial/field implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of oil and gas field operations, reservoir engineering, PVT studies, EOR chemistry etc.
- Experience of working in a reputed Biotechnology / Microbiology laboratory preferably in upstream petroleum sector
Desirable Achievements: Publications of research papers/articles in peer reviewed journals/conferences. Ph.D in a relevant discipline. Filing patents as a sole or joint inventor
Post Qualification relevant experience as on 12.08.2017 (in years): 03
- All courses should be recognized by AICTE/UGC
- Graduate Degree in Engineering should be of minimum 04 years duration Postgraduate courses should be of minimum 02 years duration
- Minimum 60 % marks in the qualifying examination in Graduate / Post Graduate degree courses for above-mentioned posts.
- Post Qualification Relevant Experience as on 12.08.2017: The candidates should have a minimum of 03 years of post qualification working experience in Govt. / Public / Private Sector Companies.
B. APPLICATION FEE:
Candidates’ applying for the posts mentioned has to pay an Application Fee as under:
- Unreserved / Other Backward Class – Rs. 500
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / PWD – NIL
C. SELECTION PROCESS:
The selection of the candidates will be conducted in three phases:
- Phase I-Written Test,
- Phase II-GD & Viva Voce
- Phase III-Pre Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
The candidates who qualify in Phase I i.e. Written Test will only qualify for the next round of selection tests i.e. GD and Viva Voce
D. REMUNERATION PACKAGE AND OTHER BENEFITS:
- Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 32900-58000 (starting Basic Pay of Rs. 32900) in Grade C. The selected candidate will have to serve a probationary period of one year and will be confirmed after successful completion of the same.
- Approximate total emoluments in Grade C will be around Rs. 94000 pm approximately. In addition to the Basic Pay & Dearness Allowance (DA), other benefits include House Rent Allowance (HRA) or Company leased/self-leased accommodation, Leave encashment, free medical benefits for self & dependents, Gratuity/PF, House Building Loan, Vehicle Loan, Group Insurance, etc. as per rules of the company.
F. GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Candidates applying for the above posts must have passed the prescribed qualifications through full-time courses.
- All qualification should be from an Indian University/ Institute recognized by AICTE/ appropriate statutory authority.
- No manual/ paper application will be entertained.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or after recruitment or joining if any information provided by the candidate is false or is not found to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year from the date of filling the online application. No change in the E-mail ID will be allowed, once entered. All future correspondence would be sent via Email only
- Candidates, if shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process are required to bring their original testimonials, certificates, No Objection Certificate (NOC), a set of copies of the same at the time of interview. The following documents will only be accepted at the time of verification: Birth Certificate, Matriculation/10th Standard pass certificate/ admit card indicating the date of birth, or mark sheet of Matriculation/10th Standard or equivalent issued by Central/State Board indicating the date of birth in support of their claim of age will only be accepted.Degree/Diploma certificate along with all mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years/ consolidated mark
sheet as proof of educational qualification claimed. In the absence of Degree/Diploma certificate, provisional
certificate along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years will be accepted.
- Percentage of marks would be the aggregate of all semesters irrespective of the norms/system being followed in the Institute/University. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree/ diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by the Institute. Rounding off of percentage would not be allowed.
- OIL reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the recruitment process, if need so arises without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Candidates employed with Government Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies have to produce No Objection Certificate at the time of Interview without which they would not be allowed to appear for the same.
- Candidates working in PSUs must have at least one year experience in the next lower grade in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500
- Reservation/relaxations for PWD candidates will be as per Government Directives. Persons with 40% or more disability only would be eligible for the benefit of reservation to PWD category against identified posts only.
- Caste certificate by candidate as SC/ST/OBC-NCL, in the prescribed format (available at http://www.oilindia.com/oilnew/Current-openings ) from the competent authority indicating clearly the candidate’s caste/community, the Act/ Order under which the caste is recognized as SC/ST/OBC-NCL and in case of OBC-NCL candidates that he/she does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) and the village/ town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of will only be accepted. Please note that no other format of SC/ST/OBC-NCL caste certificate shall be accepted.
- PWD certificate in prescribed format(s) (available at http://www.oil-india.com/oilnew/Current-openings) issued by the competent authority will be considered for appointment to the post on the basis of prescribed Standards of Medical Fitness. The Competent Authority to issue PWD Certificate shall be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or a State Government. The Central/ State Government may constitute Medical Board(s) consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing Locomotor/ Cerebral / Visual / Hearing disability, as the case may be. Please note that no other format of PWD certificate shall be accepted.
- If the SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Candidate needs to choose centre of choice for written test while applying online among Guwahati, Kolkata, and New Delhi.
- The candidates called for the Group Discussion/ Viva Voce only will be reimbursed to and fro II tier AC TRAIN FARE (AT BASE FARE ONLY, EXCLUDING RAJDHANI EXPRESS) as may be admissible, from the declared nearest railway station up to the venue of the Interview, subject to production of tickets. However, for to and fro travel within North East region and upto Kolkata, Airfare will be paid on production of proof of travel by air.
- Canvassing in any form will result in cancellation of the candidature. Any dispute with regard to the recruitment against this advertisement will be under the jurisdiction of Dibrugarh District Court only.
G. HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates fulfilling the above criteria may apply online on the website www.oil-india.com from 13.07.2017 (10:00 hours) to 12.08.2017 (18:00 hours).
- The last date for on-line submission of Application Few through any Debit / Credit Card/ Net Banking through (Axis Bank Payment Gateway) is 16.08.2017 up to 23:59 hours.
- Candidates should have a valid personal e-mail ID and mobile number. It should be kept active during the entire recruitment process. Registration Number, Password, and all other important communication will be sent on the same registered e-mail ID (please ensure that email sent to this mailbox is not redirected to your junk/spam folder).
- Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling in the on-line application. CANDIDATE CAN EDIT THE INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMISSION OF STEP-I and STEP-II. Once the form is submitted, it can not be edited.
- The step by step process for submitting the application form for Recruitment – Grade ‘C’ is given below:
Step-I: Registration of Personal Details and Contact details. Login Id and password will be sent to you on
registered e-Mail Id.
Step-II: Login to complete the Personal Details, Experience Details, Qualification Details, Declaration in the
online Application Form.
Step-III: Login for payment of Application Fee after 24 hours of submission of Application Form through Online
mode via Debit card, Credit card or Internet banking through Axis Bank Payment Gateway.
- Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn and fee once paid will not be refunded in any case, neither shall be held reserved for any other recruitment nor selection process in future.
Step I Registration:
- Candidates may visit our website http://www.oil-india.com/oilnew/Current-openings and click the APPLY ONLINE button under Recruitment in Grade C.
- Candidates agreeing the terms & conditions may apply by clicking ‘I Agree’ Checkbox pressing the ‘Start’ button while applying online.
- The candidate should fill up all the desired information i.e. Personal Details, Contact Details, etc. correctly.
- On completion of Step-I registration, a message will be received in candidate’s registered email id conveying his/her “Application Number”, “Login ID” and “Password”.
Step II Completion of Application Form:
- After registration, a candidate has to log in and complete other details in the application form like Personal Details, Qualification Details, Experience Details, Declaration, etc.
- Instructions regarding the scanning of Photograph, Signature, and Certificates: Candidates should upload the scanned (digital) image of their photograph and signature as per the process is given below. The applicant should note that only jpg/jpeg format is acceptable:
i. Photograph Image:
- Photograph must be a recent passport size color picture on light background (not older than 03
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- The size of the scanned image should be between 50kb -100kb in jpg/ jpeg format only.
ii. Signature image:
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with a Black ink pen
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person
- Please scan the signature area only and not the entire page.
- The size of file should be between 10kb – 50kb in Jpg/Jpeg format only
iii. Certificate image:
- Please scan the relevant Certificates.
- Each Certificate in JPG/JPEG/PDF format only and Size of file should be between 50kb – 1000kb.
Step III Online Application Fee Deposition:
- Candidate needs to re-login and click the link/tab “Make Online Payment” active after 24 hours of submission of the application. Once Axis Bank payment portal is opened, then DO NOT click Refresh or Back Button.
- Steps to be followed in Axis Bank portal for Online Payment:
1. The system will redirect you on OIL INDIA LTD. page of Axis Bank payment portal.
2. Enter Application Number in the required field.
3. Kindly check & confirm the details shown on the screen i.e Name, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, post & category,
DOB in dd/mm/yyyy, etc., and click on Submit/Confirm Button.
4. Select the Online Payment Option.
5. Kindly make the online payment via credit or debit card or Net banking and retain the transaction number for
- Candidates are advised to keep with them the copy of the e-receipt as a token of remittance of fee for future reference.
- Candidates are advised not to attempt for registration more than once for one post. In the case of multiple registrations, his/her application submitted last will only be considered for eligibility.
- Candidates may apply for more than one post-meeting the eligibility requirements. Such candidates will have to register and submit separate applications for each post and pay “Application Fee” as applicable.
- After depositing the application fee through online mode, you may check the status of application form after 3 days
- In case the same is not reflecting, you can mail to Helpdesk mail id: email@example.com with a scanned copy of e-receipt about the same.
- If there are any technical queries/ clarifications relating to the filling up of ONLINE APPLICATION, candidates are advised to contact the helpdesk at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone No: 18002669783.
- All the details given in the Application Form will be treated as final and no changes will be entertained.
- Commencement of online registration of application by candidates: 13.07.2017: 10:00 hours
- Last Date of Close of registration and submission of application: 12.08.2017: 18:00 hours
- Last Date of close of On-Line submission of “Application Fee” through any Debit / Credit Card/Net Banking (Axis Bank Payment Gateway): 16.08.2017: 23:59 hours
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.