GATE 2018 NOTIFICATION
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a National Level Entrance Test through which candidates can find admission into M. Tech./M.E./PhD Programmes in IITs, IISERs, IISc and other known Institutes of India. IISc and IITs are the responsible authorities that conduct this exam on a rotational basis.
Beneficial details are given below:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of a Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
- IMPORTANT DATES:
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 01, 2017 (Friday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||October 05, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November 17, 2017 (Friday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||January 05, 2018 (Friday)|
|GATE 2018 Online Examination Dates||February 03, 04, 10 & 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
- Examination pattern: computer based tests
- Application fee: The application fee has to be paid ONLINE. The fee details are as follows:
For Centres in India
- Female Candidates – Rs.750/-
- SC/ST/PwD Category Candidates – Rs.750/-
iii. All other candidates Rs.1500/-
For Centres Abroad
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu: US$ 50
- Dubai and Singapore: US$ 100
Payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or debit card or e-Challan facilities
Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
- All candidates must apply ONLINE.
FOR MORE DETAILS: http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in