If you like coffee immensely you can take it to another level by choosing a career in Tasting Coffee
Yes, you heard it right you can make a career in tasting coffee after your graduation in Biotechnology/ Biosciences. Here at BioTech Times, we are going to tell you all about this unique course details like admission and application procedure, requirement, age bar(if any), course fee and important dates related to admission procedure.
Career in Coffee Tasting
What you have to do professionally once you take up the career of Coffee taster is to taste coffee, define its quality and be an expert in coffee quality management.
Coffee Tasting career is a comparatively new career option in India but it has good scope if you have a natural love for coffee and want to equip yourself with the nuances of coffee making and tastes of coffee. WTO era has brought in an extra amount of awareness in the field of food safety and environment, unlike earlier days. So consumers, producers, and exporters are all equally concerned with the quality of coffee they are dealing with.
So as a customer the way you like to have your cuppa is much more influenced by the way how its quality was maintained throughout its production stages. So as a new age career Coffee taster’s career is a challenging as well as an interesting career option.
Coffee Board of India has created and organized a Post Graduate Degree course to support the requirement of Indian Coffee Industry for trained personals like coffee tester and Expert coffee quality manager. The aim of PGDCQM course is to create trained personal with special aptitude and skills. A well-accepted quality world over, Coffee quality testing/evaluation will now be a standard practice in Indian Coffee industry. As per Coffee Board of India declaration students of PGDCQM course, previous batches got suitable jobs with attractive remuneration in Indian Coffee companies.
Coffee Board invites applications for the Post Graduate Diploma in Coffee Quality Management (PGDCQM 2017-18) for the academic year starting in September 2017
About PGDQM course by India Coffee Board
PGDCQM course duration is one(1) year. The objective of the course is to equip students with specific knowledge and skills required function as Coffee Tasters. PGDCQM course content includes Coffee cultivation process and practices, Coffee marketing, quality evaluation techniques of Coffee, quality assurance systems and training sessions.
Course fee of PGDCQM course is Rs 2,50,000/- only
Admission is open for Students from open category and Sponsored by Coffee industry. Students enrolling for the PGDCQM course will definitely have an edge since the course is organized by Govt of India.
Who can apply for the course
- The candidate applying for the PGDCQM course must be a Graduate with at least one subject from the following list.
- Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Bioscience, Food Technology, Food Science, Environmental Science.
- A Bachelor degree holder in Agricultural Science can also apply.
- Students sponsored by Export, Curing establishments, and Coffee plantations will be given priority.
- Foreign students who want to get admitted under open and sponsored categories should be well versed in the English language. Their admission depends upon Govt. of India clearance.
- The selection process will be based on academic record, personal interview, and sensory evaluation test.
How to Apply
Interested students can download the application form from the official website of Coffee Board of India.
- Candidates can personally collect the application form from Coffee Board, Bangalore.
- Candidates should fill in the printed application form and send it along with a Demand Draft of Rs 500/- payable to “Coffee Board IEBR Account”
- A self-addressed envelope(9’X6″) should be accompanied with the application and DD.
- The last date of receiving the application in the below-mentioned address is 14th August 2017.
- Date of interview and selection will be 30th August 2017.
Accommodation for students:
Free accommodation will be provided for students during the first trimester at CCRI, Balehonnur and Chikmagalur.
Students have to make own arrangements at Bangalore during the second and third Trimester.
Address for sending application for admission
Divisional Head (Coffee Quality)
No. 1, B.R.Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore-560001.
Phone: 080-22262868, 22266991 (Ext: 322/323)
Feel Free To Share This Article