Biotechnology Admissions 2017
The Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology University is today recognized among the leading privately managed engineering institutions of the country and the best of its kind in the north-western region of India. NAAC, an Autonomous Institution of UGC, has reaccredited Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology University and award A Grade.
Thapar University Invites Applications For The Following Programs:
- B.Tech. (Biotechnology)
A candidate shall be eligible for admission in the B.Tech. (Biotechnology) subject to the following conditions:
- has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry and, Biology.
- has secured at least 20% aggregate marks (15% for SC/ST candidates) in NEET-2017.
- has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 80% marks (75% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- has secured at least 15% aggregate marks (10% for SC/ST candidates) in NEET-2017.
- possesses a good moral character.
- is a citizen of India.
- is born on or after October 1, 1992 (5-years relaxation in age for SC/ST/PH candidates).
The admission shall be made on the basis of merit of score in NEET-2017.
Total seats available: 50 (Gen- 35, SC/ST-13, PH-2)
Any seat remaining vacant in reserve category shall be transferred to General category.
2. M.Sc. (BIO-TECHNOLOGY)
Eligibility: Candidates with bachelor’s degree with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in graduation from recognized University under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary, and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering Technology, 4-Years BS (Physician Assistant) Course, Medicine (MBBS) or BDS.
No. of seats in each M.Sc. program: 40 (Gen-28, SC/ST-10, PH-2) + (6 FN/NRI seats. Refer section 10 for eligibility & other conditions)
Mode of Selection: Admissions in all the M.Sc. programs shall be made on the basis of merit prepared by giving 40% weightage to 12th marks and 60% weightage to Graduation marks (aggregate marks upto pre-final year). Overall minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) in graduation shall be required to be eligible for admission. Graduation must be done from a recognized University.
- Candidate must attach mark sheets of 12th and all the marks sheets of Graduation upto pre-final year along with the printout of applications.
- Candidates having any pending backlog in the first two years of Graduation shall not be considered for admission. Percentage of marks secured at the end of 2nd year of graduation shall only be considered even if the candidate has completed the graduation.
- Note: The candidate seeking admission in different MSc programs have to fill single form only with requisite fee mentioning discipline preferences.
Last Date For Applications: 30th June 2017
Visit: www.thapar.edu for more information