Biotech is driving innovation and will bring some of the hottest technology of the future and is expected to play a significant role in refining the economy of the nation.
Currently, biotech is one of the biggest employers in India. Whether you love big cities full of opportunities or quiet towns where to find inspiration for your project, there’s a place in India for you, so we have listed Top 10 Indian Biotechnology Companies.
Over the years, the Indian biotechnology industry has grown fast! We all should feel proud for the Indian biotechnology industry as it holds a share of two percent of the global biotech industry.
- India is among the top 12 biotech destinations in the world and ranks third in the Asia Pacific.
- India has the second highest number of United States Food & Drug Administration(USFDA) approved plants.
- No.1 producer of Hepatitis B vaccine recombinant.
- Indian biotech industry shall touch USD 100 billion by 2025.
- Large consumer base with increasing disposable income
If it keeps progressing with the same pace, it will surely become a prominent player in the global biotech industry very soon.
Here is the list of Top 10 Indian Biotechnology Companies
- Biocon | Bangalore, KA | Biosimilars
- Serum Institute of India Ltd | Pune, MH, India | Vaccines
- Panacea Biotec | New Delhi, India | Differentiated generics, vaccines, biosimilars
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories | Hyderabad, India | Small Molecules
- Wockhardt Biotech Park | Aurangabad, MH, India | Biosimilars
- GlaxoSmithKline | Mumbai, MH, India | Generics and Vaccines
- Bharat Serum | Mumbai, MH, India | pharmaceutical and biotech products
- Novozymes | Bangalore, KA, India | Enzymes
- Indian Immunologicals | Hyderabad, India | Veterinary Biologics, Vaccines
- Shantha Biotechnics Ltd (Sanofi) | Hyderabad, India | Vaccines, biosimilars